Thursday, May 5, 2011

It is late on Thursday night

On a normal week (read: a week when everyone is on schedule and things are running smoothly), I would be posting all sorts of adventures in getting my cooking done at this point.  Needless to say, we are all still a bit off.  No one is sleeping well.  No one is eating well.  And the little Houston "friends"-- and if you don't know the "friends" I am talking about, you have never lived in Houston (maybe one day I will write about the "friends" because they always seem to visit when I am cooking on Thursday night)-- have taken over my house. 

Despite the total exhaustion and invasion of creepy crawlers, I have managed to get some of my Shabbos preparation done.  Most important, a menu:

Challah-- made on Tuesday
Gefilte Fish-- done
Hummus-- done
Israeli salad
-----
Onion Chicken-- Quick & Kosher-- in the oven
Challah Kugel-- Spice & Spirit-- made on Tuesday and frozen.  This is a first in my house.  I had a lot of challah leftover from last week.  I hope it is good!
Broccoli Salad
Quinoa Salad
Green beans
-----
Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cake

This menu is a lot of comfort food.  Maybe the comfort will be a fun nights sleep for the first time since we have been back.

1 comment:

  1. With friends like those, who needs enemies? ;)
    Hatzlacha with the Shabbos prep. I am also way behind, since most of my energy is being put into packing. I might just invest some time into buying more of my Shabbos food. I don't like to do it, but it may just be necessary until after we move. :( Have a great Shabbos!

    ReplyDelete